Fortified Village of Avalon 



Fortified Village

    > Early 13th Century
    > Late 13th Century
    > Early 14th Century
    > From 1313



The village was protected by two curtain walls with 3 gate houses. The first wall surrounded the "vieux bourg" (old village) while the addition of the second wall gave protection to the newcomers who built their houses in the "nouveau bourg" (new village).

Two noblemen had their manor inside the old village and another one in the later addition. Their towers typically provided additional defensive structures to the village.


| Fortresses
| History
| New
| Download

| About Us
| Contact Us
| Home

| printer friendly