Avalon in The Early 13th Century



Fortified Village

    > Early 13th Century
    > Late 13th Century
    > Early 14th Century
    > From 1313





The Old Village


It spreads between the castle southwards and the priory northward.


It is fortified in the second half of the 13th century with a wall that is 360 meter-long (about 1,100 feet)


Two gate houses give access to the village: the "Porte Rachestia" westward and the "Porte Dreytaz" towards the priory.


At least two manors ("maison fortes") were built, belonging to the Beaumont & Saint Pierre noble families.



| Fortresses
| History
| New
| Download

| About Us
| Contact Us
| Home

| printer friendly