The Fort of Mont-Briton - The Site


The site
The model
    > The towers


The fort was built by the men of Savoy in 1312 on the hill of Mont Bertrand, near the road leading to La Chapelle Blanche, on a site overlooking the Bréda creek canyon. It was an ideal point of observation to watch the Dauphinois village and castle of Avalon..

Click on the pictures to see them in full page.  


On the site, the layout of the moats built in front of the fort can still be seen, on the westward side facing Savoy. A curtain of trees follows the elevation created with the digging of the ground from the moats. Near the cliff, the trace of the foundations of a round tower about 6 meters (18 feet) in diameter can still be seen in the grass. An attached wall heads northward and seems to surround the hill. Eastward, the place of another round tower can also be seen in the grass.





| Fortresses
| History
| New
| Download

| About Us
| Contact Us
| Home

| printer friendly