Buildings of Bellecombe Village


The castle

    > The Keep

    > The Defenses

    > Other Buildings

The Fortified Village

    > The Defenses

    > Buildings




The "Strong House" of Broard

The Broard family owned a strong house in the village. We assumed it was located where the old presbyter is today. The tower of the house improving the defense of the village is an assumption based on 2 similar examples found in La Buissière.

The Church

In 1326, Jean Broard sells to the Dauphin a piece of land within the village to build the church of the village. The current church is still built on the same place but is much more modern as its oldest part (the bell tower) was only built in 1680.


| Fortresses
| History
| New
| Download

| About Us
| Contact Us
| Home

| printer friendly